Friday, April 30, 2010

The Facebook Birthday Phenomena (manna manna)

The interesting thing about having your birthday in this 21st century context is the way people tend to send you many many birthday messages (and write blogs about you). PAGES of birthday messages. The next day, not so much. Thus, May 1st is one giant letdown usually.

But THIS year, nothing is a letdown, cause I am in the Lucia. And I am spending my time with amazing friend and Clinton School dynamo, Judy Watts! Thank you for all the birthday messages, I am reading each one and smiling, but tomorrow, the day after, I am determined to continue smiling because May 1st is just another day I get to spend time doing public service in paradise.

Sidebar - everytime Judy and I discuss "phenomena" we end up singing this:

2 comments:

  1. doot doot de doot doot. Phenomena! doot doot de doot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Frosty the Snowman, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you are having a great day in the island sun for Bday 2010. ;)

    ReplyDelete